The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Empower Your Career
The Executive MBA (EMBA) at ESCP is a part-time programme ranked 3rd overall by the Financial Times 2023 Rankings. Choose from over 50 electives and 6 international campuses.
This real-time transformational programme is the stepping stone you need to bridge the gap between your untapped potential and the world-class leader in you.
Customisable and Flexible
A part-time Executive MBA designed to fit your life: you choose where, how long, and what you want to study. In-class, online or blended format.
Placed 3rd worldwide in the 2023 Financial Times Executive MBA rankings, with an average 101% salary increase and 9.5/10 satisfaction rating.
9 Core Courses
Build a comprehensive foundation in managerial concepts
Curate your EMBA by choosing between 10 and 12 cutting-edge electives from an offer of over 50.
5 International Seminars
Deepen your insights and prepare for future challenges in a globalised world.
1 International Consultancy Project
Work as part of a multicultural team to tackle a real-world business case.
Accelerate your career. On average, participants see a 101% increase in salary following the programme.
Become an international and innovative leader, thanks to our curriculum that is constantly evolving to stay ahead of the ever-changing business landscape.
Share your experience and work with a diverse and high-calibre group of participants - an invaluable asset in today’s global business environment
Leverage the programme’s flexibility and customise your Executive MBA to surpass your ambitions.
Expand your global perspective and international network by joinin an influential global community of over 75,000 ESCP Alumni in over 200 countries
Define company strategies and execute them while taking into account a variety of aspects (finance, marketing, supply chain, IT, etc.)
Put into action transformation plans for a company or an activity
Develop ones leadership and manage teams in a multicultural environment
Master and apply appropriate methodologies, carry out in-depth analysis to solve problems
Make decisions and measure their impacts
Create value for companies and society while considering issues of sustainability (humanity, ethics, economics, climate, management of natural resources...)
Highly Customisable and Flexible
You are determined to take your future into your hands with our Executive MBA. But you will need to find time to study in your busy work week. That is why we have carefully designed this part-time Executive MBA programme highly customisable: you choose where and how long you want to study, and you curate the content.
The ESCP Executive MBA helps you to balance your studies with your work and your personal life.
6 International Campuses
As a highly flexible and international programme designed to adapt to your life, you get to choose where you take your core courses. For each course, you have the choice between three of our European campuses. You also have the option of taking one or all of your core courses online and mixing in-class and online with our blended format. No matter where you study, you receive the same high-quality ESCP Executive MBA curriculum.
The core courses equip you with all the cross-functional knowledge and managerial skills that a business leader like you will need. You will complete 180 hours taught throughout the year in weekday or weekend sessions, depending upon the study track.
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Managing People and Organisations
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Responsible Leadership & Sustainability
- Supply Chain Management OR Geopolitics OR Data science for managers
The nine core courses of the Executive MBA may also be completed as a stand-alone component known as the General Management Program (GMP).
International Consulting Project (ICP)
You will work on this collaborative, multi-disciplinary project as part of an intercultural team over 12 to 14 months. You and your team will complete an in-depth analysis of a situation or an issue faced by a company and make recommendations for actions that can realistically be implemented by the firm.
The outcome of your ICP is a series of recommendations that the company can implement in order to meet the strategic challenge at hand.
“The ICP [...] represents a real challenge from a professional perspective; you and the team go well beyond your comfort zone, your field of expertise.”
You will choose 10 to 12 electives from a range of 50 electives available across the 5 ESCP campuses and via distance learning. As an Executive MBA Alum, you’ll have the opportunity to complete up to two additional electives every year.
“As an entrepreneur, it was critical to fix my blind spots in business.”
Over the course of the Executive MBA, 5 location-specific seminars explore the burning issues in global business. The 5 week-long seminars are an opportunity to pool your own knowledge and experience with that of your peers.
Personal Executive Coach
The Executive MBA is a holistic programme that drives positive change in your life that extends beyond the professional. You can explore themes that are relevant to your career development, or choose to focus on personal decision-making and identify the actions that will help you reach your goals.
Book an appointment with your recruitment advisor
To learn more about how to customise your programme, schedule a personalised call with one of our recruitment advisors by selecting your country or residence.
Book a call
Pedagogy and Learning Outcomes
You will apply the skills acquired throughout the programme thanks to:
- The International Consultancy Project (ICP): the objective of this group project is to address a challenge faced by a real-world company and provide a concrete recommendation or set of actions based on in-depth strategic analysis of the company and their issue.
- ICP, case studies, business games, company diagnostics and strategic reports: these pedagogical methods require the participant to formalise a strategic plan while taking into account all of the functions of a company.
To receive the Executive MBA degree the following conditions must be met:
- Successful acquisition of the skills taught by the Executive MBA programme
- The successful completion of the ICP (International Consultancy Project) in the form of a written strategic plan that includes your groups’ recommendations to the company, as well as the defence of said plan before a jury of experts who will evaluate the pertinence of the recommendations.
- Create or rethink the organisational structure of a company while taking into account its existing activities and strategies to ensure a smooth transition. Execute projected analyses to anticipate the short, mid, and long-term impacts of these transitions.
- Manage organisations and teams and put into place team workflows and processes to increase collective performance
- Recognize the implications of different leadership styles and their efficacy in adopting the best approach to reach the objectives set forth by the leader and the realisation of their vision.
- Use the tools of each function of the company to dialogue and facilitate the decision making, especially within a context of uncertainty all while analysing the associated risks and opportunities.
- Apply critical analysis to the needs and expectations of various stakeholders and determine the specific and necessary resources--transversal, internal, external--to the deployment of the identified solutions.
- Identify the environmental and societal issues by mobilising the internal and external stakeholders of the company and develop a sustainable business model
The Executive MBA was granted the “Grade de master” for its “diplôme pour dirigeant en administration des affaires” by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI). This degree is registered on the RNCP (French Register of Professional Certifications) – RNCP sheet N°35383
VAE (Validation des acquis de l'expérience)
The programme is eligible for the VAE (Validation des Acquis de l'Expérience).
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
What will your Executive MBA community look like?
Your peers are an integral part of your learning experience at ESCP. As a participant in the Executive MBA, you will share your experience with a multicultural group of professionals, both in terms of nationalities and backgrounds. We select participants from a variety of cultural and industry backgrounds to ensure that the input in class is always challenging and rewarding. This international perspective is an invaluable asset in today’s global environment.
Average number of participants
Average number of nationalities
Average years of work experience
Class of 2022
72% Western Europe
10% Eastern Europe
8% Africa/Middle East
4% South America
1% North America
21% Various Industries
4% FMCG/Packaged Goods
Executive MBA Alumni
Marcia Dantas de Lima
Regional Director, Latin America
“I learned that positive impact goes beyond philanthropy and that Business is key to promoting the solutions the World needs.”
“I work helping relevant social-environmental projects in Latin America to access capital flows to scale their social, climate, and biodiversity impacts. I was a corporate lawyer when I decided to take ESCP's Executive MBA. During the program, I learned that positive impact goes beyond philanthropy and that Business is key to promoting the solutions the World needs. So I decided to dedicate my career to creating opportunities for unserved communities to improve their livelihoods while conserving and regenerating the environment where they live.”
“My most important lesson from the EMBA was to challenge yourself.”
“My most important lesson from the EMBA was to challenge yourself. In business, many people live within their comfort zones, but the rewards and development opportunities are enormous when you break your own “glass ceiling”. The programme at ESCP used applied learning and focused on real-world business problems. Through this, I developed leadership skills based on my own style. This helped me to master high-level, executive decision-making using my strengths .”
“I knew everything about medicine, especially in my expertise in medical oncology.”
“The Executive MBA programme was a turning point in my career. I knew everything about medicine, especially in my expertise in medical oncology. I worked in the pharmaceutical industry for more than ten years, and I learned by experience. However, to be able to advance my career, I felt I still must sharpen some skills and competencies in finance, marketing, general management, etc. The programme allowed me to acquire the theoretical baggage to better understand the business I am evolving in and develop into an executive who can lead people through different situations while keeping the big picture in view .”
Product Development Manager Southern and East African Investments
“ESCP’s community empowers one to find impactful solutions.”
“ESCP’s community empowers one to find impactful solutions. From the richly diverse peers and alumni to the lecturers who show up with energy and relevance, this is a community that embodies its service leadership ethos .”
As part of the ESCP Alumni, you’ll enjoy access to a truly global network of contacts: over 75,000 business leaders in more than 200 countries. The ESCP Alumni Association offers fun and exciting opportunities to plug into this international network via the national alumni associations, and organizes a range of events and regular reunions across the world.
Within the ESCP Alumni Association, you can also look forward to membership of Club EMBA, which represents over 5,000 Executive MBA graduates from the past 25 years of the program. Club EMBA is a high-powered network with a strong community spirit, and organizes regular events including breakfast & learn, networking bars, workshops, conferences, and annual reunions.
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
- A previous university degree: Bachelor (minimum 240 ECTS credits), Master’s degree or equivalent in any discipline
- A minimum of five years of managerial experience, based on demonstration of managerial skills and potential for success within your company (recommendation letters)
- Fluency in English: courses are taught in English, and all coursework must be submitted in English.
- For non-native English speakers, we require the following minimum test scores (TOEFL 100 / IELTS Band 7 / In-house English Test (free) provided by British Council: CEFR c1*). If you have worked or studied in English for at least two years, you will not be required to submit test scores related to English fluency.
*CEFR stands for Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Individual assessment meeting with the Admissions department (in person, by phone or online)
Applications are made online. To apply for the EMBA, you have to submit the following documents:
- Degree certificates or grade transcripts covering all years of university study (official translation can be requested)
- Up-to-date CV
- Two reference letters (the two referees will receive a form to be completed)
- English Language certificate (if you are not a native English speaker)
- Copy of passport or ID
- Application fee of €300
On-campus or online admission interview with Program Directors, Faculty and Alumni
Admission decision within one week
Confirmation of enrolment and payment of deposit one month following acceptance.
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Fees & Financing
The Executive MBA is a Master's-level higher education degree, accredited by the Ministry of Higher Education. The degree is registered with the Répertoire National des Certifications Professionnelles (RNCP) under the number RNCP 35383.
The ESCP Executive MBA fees are €79,000 (September 2023 and January 2024 intakes).
Tuition fees include 520 teaching hours, all course materials and online resources, and accommodation expenses for off-campus seminars. Travel and living expenses are not included.
In ESCP we value diversity and want to encourage real exchanges from individuals from many different backgrounds. To facilitate this, we offer the following scholarships schemes to accepted candidates:
- Women in Leadership
- Individuals based in Emerging Markets
- Those working for NGO/Non-profit
- Those working in a Small or Medium Sized Enterprises (SME : less than 250 employees)
These scholarships reduce tuition fees by between 5 and 20 % (maximum) and are awarded to candidates who can demonstrate that they will make an outstanding contribution to the program and to their organisations or community.
If you are interested in being considered for a scholarship, please contact Agnes Honorien (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
70% of our Executive MBA participants receive some financial support from their employer. Funding may also be available in the form of scholarships or government loans in your country. Our Admissions Officer will be happy to advise you about funding opportunities.
Financial institutions can provide you with a student loan. Our on-campus teams are also available to ease the process with purpose-designed credit facilities such as low-interest loans, tailored instalment schedules, and flexible payments.
The Executive MBA (EMBA)
Get in touch with the EMBA team
Are you thinking about applying to ESCP’s EMBA and would like further information about the programme? Reach out to a member of ESCP's team! You can also sign up for one of our events.
Book an appointment with one of our recruitment advisors
In order to book a one-to-one and personalised advice, all you need to do is check your home country advisor’s calendar and choose the date and time most suitable for you.
Book a call
Meet us online or in presence at our campuses or at fairs around the world.